July 25 - 26 - Metchosin Birds

We just relaxed on the last two days of our vacation. Our B&B in Metchosin was the perfect place to do so. I spent my time photographing the birds and butterflies in the yard and at the nearby beach.

I also took some movies with the Nikon - first a Red-breasted Nuthatch.


And next a Chestnut-backed Chickadee, they are the predominant Chickadee in the area.



Chestnut-backed Chickadee - Metchosin BC

There were quite a few white butterflies in the garden, i'm pretty sure they were the Pine White species.


Pine-white Butterfly - Metchosin BC




And this looks like an Orange-belted Bumblebee from what I can find on Google.

Orange-belted Bumblebee - Metchosin BC

Here's a nice photo of a couple of Nuthatches. I suspect the one on the left is a juvenile based on the shape and colour differences.

Red-breasted Nuthatches - Metchosin BC

And here's the last shot of this trip:
Red-breasted Nuthatch - Metchosin BC

No comments:

Post a Comment